Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 went offline while I was on vacation - I'm done.

TimPoi
Initiate

RBR50 went offline while I was on vacation - I'm done.

I'm tired of all these problems with my Orbi, guys. This is the last straw.

Left for a four day vacation, so I set up some webcams to watch my pets while I was gone. Not eight hours into my trip my ORBI RBR50 goes offline. Since I'm not home there's no way I can do a hard or manual reset, so I'm stuck not being able to watch my cameras.  I've confirmed that my internet is working fine, and my neighbors tell me they've had no power outages. 

This is not new with the Orbi - it decides to crap out all the time. But in the past I've always been there to kick it and/or update or downgrade the firmware (that was a fun weekend). Now that it has dropped while I'm on vacation, and there's nothing I can do about it, I'm dumping this product for something else.

Anyone have any thoughts on the other mesh network products out there? Velop? TP-Link? Google?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR50 went offline while I was on vacation - I'm done.

What Firmware version is currently loaded on the Orbi router?

Whats the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem? If this modem has a built in router, it needs to be put into transparent bridge mode. If it can't be, then use the modems DMZ for the IP address the NG router gets from the modem.

Any wifi neighbors near by? If so, how many?

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Try disabling the following and see:
Beamforming, MIMO, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7