Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50v2 - wifi speeds slow with BT Smarthub 2

Jonesnow
Aspirant

RBR50v2 - wifi speeds slow with BT Smarthub 2

Hi Folks,

Hoping to tap the hive mind here, we've recently had FTTP installed with a lovely 500MB pipe but I am struggling to get my Orbi RBR50v2 to deliver speeds above 90MB. The wireless on my BT hub is delivering 480MB but I'm keen for security and coverage to get my Orbi to take the load instead

I've placed the Orbi in to Access Point mode which hasn't made a difference, I'm guessing there is a throttle somewhere and suspect it is in the BT Smarthub, be grateful if anyone has any suggestions as to how I can get my Orbi delivering the new connection speeds?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Jonesnow
Aspirant

Re: RBR50v2 - wifi speeds slow with BT Smarthub 2

Sorted - but thanks for taking the time to reply, I've managed to get my Orbi to connect directly to the ONP and I'm getting 420MB measured on the Orbi speed test and 475 on Ookla!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

90mb is suspiciously "just under 100", which is what one would expect if the WAN connection from Orbi to BT Hub has connected at 100mb rather than 1000mb.

On the Orbi web interface, Advanced Tab, click on the blue box "Show Statistics" in the Internet Box.

What does it show for the WAN port?

Message 2 of 3
Jonesnow
Aspirant

Sorted - but thanks for taking the time to reply, I've managed to get my Orbi to connect directly to the ONP and I'm getting 420MB measured on the Orbi speed test and 475 on Ookla!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7