× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR750 Blocked Devices

costler
Tutor

RBR750 Blocked Devices

RBR750 firmware version 4.6.5.14, purchased Sep 1st. 

My Orbi configuration:

1. RBR750 with 2 satellites

2. The router and the satellites are connected via Ethernet Backhaul

3. The main router and one of the satellites connected to external 1G switches so I can have a few devices connected by wire.

4. WAN port connects to my Netgear cable router. The RBR750 is the default NAT and DHCP server for most devices.

The first week I had issues with ALL of my network devices being blocked. It was a combination of Parental Controls and Access Controls.  Neither of which I need, after a bit of fustration, factory reset and so forth, I got everything working.  Parental Controls and Access Controls are both turned OFF.  Just this week Parental Controls in the phone app changed and shows "Expired - Off"

I can connect to my Orbi and the two satellites via the android app.  The devices in question have green dots showing online.  However, I cannot connect to any of the devices, all home automation things from different companies; for what it's worh they have all worked for years, until Orbi.

I have rebooted a couple of times.  I can connect via the phone app from Arizona so I know the internet works.  How do I unblock my devices remotely?  If I have to fly to michigan to fix this I am going to be a very unhappy person.  This equipment should be better than this.

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX (WiFi 6) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Please post the following there:

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the Mfr and model# of the ethernet switch in the configuration?

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru
costler
Tutor

With a huge leap of faith, I clicked on the RESUME link under Parental Controls and  a few devices have come back on line.  Ring security and external cameras.  

I have zero need for parental controls and it is TURNED OFF.  So shy is it @$%@$!( with my network.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series