Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS40V and 2.4Ghz

whenasked
Aspirant

RBS40V and 2.4Ghz

I have a RBR50, RBS50 on Router Firmware Version V2.7.2.104. I also have RBS40V on  Firmware Version: V2.6.2.4_1.0.1. 

When devices connect to 2.4Ghz on RBS40V, devices stop working. When I switch off RBS40V, and when those devices connect to router or to the other satellite, those 2.4Ghz start working again.

Thanks

Model: RBS40V|Orbi Voice Add-on WiFi Satellite and Smart Speaker
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBS40V and 2.4Ghz

Please post about this over in the Orbi with Voice forum for the RBS40v:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-Voice-WiFi-Meets-HiFI/bd-p/en-home-orbi-voice

Good Luck. 

Message 2 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

@whenasked wrote:

I have a RBR50, RBS50 on Router Firmware Version V2.7.2.104. I also have RBS40V on  Firmware Version: V2.6.2.4_1.0.1. 

When devices connect to 2.4Ghz on RBS40V, devices stop working. When I switch off RBS40V, and when those devices connect to router or to the other satellite, those 2.4Ghz start working again.

I have exactly the same configuration, but not this same issue. My Orbi RBS40V in the garage services three WiFi cameras (2.4G) and a PoE switch supporting 4 IP cameras.  When I go to the garage to use the treadmill, my phone switches to the RBS40V, often at 2.4G. Nothing drops.

The issue may have something to do with the specific devices.  The problem description appears ambiguous to me.  Is it (a) a device connects to the RBS40V and then that device ceases to work, or (b) devices are connected and working but cease to work when a new device connects?

Message 3 of 5
whenasked
Aspirant

The device is a Yi Outdoor camera. if it is connected to router RBR50 or RBS50, I can view the camera. The moment it gets connected to RBS40V, Yi app, says camera offline, but I do see it in the attached devices in RBS40V table.

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Oh, my.  The only Yi camera in my "box of stuff" is an indoor model.  (Bought it when someone complained that "it is impossible to connect this camera unless I can split the Orbi SSID's or turn off the 5G radio".  Which was not correct.)

Had it connected to my router and satellite, app works fine.  Connected it to my RBS40V and..... the app still  works fine.  It got the same IP address (from the DHCP pool) every time I moved it.  The Yi app has a "Home" and "Away" setting.  Mine is on "Home".  I shut down the app and when it was restarted, there was a message about having "trouble reaching the server". The message went away and the camera was on-line again. Closed and opened the app again, but no message. Just video.

All of my regular IP cameras have IP addresses "assigned" in the LAN Setup table. (This Yi camera is not 'permanent' and gets an IP from the pool.)

Probably would not hurt to reset the RBS40V (not "Factory Reset"). Since Orbi reports the camera connected with an IP address, that's probably not going to do anything.  But I am totally at a loss for a solution.

It is so frustrating not to be able to reproduce a problem.  Sorry.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7