Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS40V no sync after firmware update

MikeGosstz
Aspirant

RBS40V no sync after firmware update

Hey there,

I have an RBK50 | Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System, RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only), RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only), RBS40V| Orbi Voice AC2200. It worked well till an update on the satellite was failed. 

The RBK50 works well.

When I try to power on the RBS40V, the top light is blinking white and after a while, it is turned off and some beeps (around 10 times) are heard from the satellite. If I open a nmrpflash and publish an FW, during the time when RBS40V is hearing sounds (beeps) the satellite is trying to update its FW, but without any success. After that, the power led is red until I reset the satellite. I have tried to update the satellite (reset + TFTP) with https://kb.netgear.com/000062766/RBS40V-Firmware-Version-2-6-2-4-Orbi-Mode-for-Orbi, but without any success. I tried to update the satellite in Orbi mode and in Extender mode. 

If I did not try to update, the satellite is in a cycle (intermittent white/blue lights for few minutes following by approx 10 beeps and no lights).

I've tried pinging or webbing the satellite on 192.168.1.250 or 192.168.1.1 (direct Ethernet connection) but no answer. Using Orbi's WEB page or mobile app I can't add the satellite.

On the second hand, the throughput of WAN is around 500 Mbps is staid of 1Gbps. If I direct connect a computer to a LAN port from my ISP modem the throughput is around 1Gbps.

I tried doing this on both a Mac and a Windows 10 machine.  Same issues on both.  Any ideas? 

-------------------------------------------

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System, RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only), RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only), RBS40V| Orbi Voice AC2200

Model: RBS40V|Orbi Voice Add-on WiFi Satellite and Smart Speaker
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7