× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS50 Satellite Won't sync - even in same room

pbarham
Apprentice

RBS50 Satellite Won't sync - even in same room

Hi,

Had to reinstall and reimage the firmware on my router recently after a power brownout.  

The router now seems to be working just fine, but I am unable to get my satellite to sync. 

When I follow the sync procedure I get the puslsing white light for a couple of minutes and then solid magenta (on the satellite)..

I have made sure both the router and satellite have the same firmware image.  (V2.7.1.60)

I've moved the router and satellite witihin 5 feet of each other.  I've tried them in separate rooms.

I've tried factory resetting the satellite.

I've tried setting the SSID of my router back to the same SSID that the satellite appears to boot up with (the factory values from the label on the bottom of the unit)

I've tried using the Orbi app.

I've tried just pressing 'sync buttons' on the router and the satellite,

I've tried logging into the router and using the web interface to initiate a sync.   

All have the same result ... a few minutes of pulsing white then the router goes back to 'no light' and the satellite goes solid magenta.

I remember having lots of trouble getting them to sync the first time I installed the system.  But this seems to be worse. 

Any ideas would be much appreiated!   

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router, RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
pbarham
Apprentice

Re: RBS50 Satellite Won't sync - even in same room

Update:  Managed to get the satellite back online by connecting it directly to the router with a cat5 cable.  The status changed to 'syncing config' and then it picked up the correct SSID and admin password.

Not sure why it couldn't sync over the wireless?  

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
pbarham
Apprentice

Re: RBS50 Satellite Won't sync - even in same room

Update:  Managed to get the satellite back online by connecting it directly to the router with a cat5 cable.  The status changed to 'syncing config' and then it picked up the correct SSID and admin password.

Not sure why it couldn't sync over the wireless?  

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series