Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS50 WiFi No internet

MarcusTan93
Tutor

RBS50 WiFi No internet

Hi,

I have a RBK50 System (RBR50 +RBS50)

I am having issues with RBS50 Internet Connection.
1. RBR50(Router) has no issue connecting to the internet. Both on Wifi and Ethernet
2. RBS50(Satelite) is linked with Ethernet Backhaul.
3. My PC connecting to RBS50 via Ethernet has no issues connecting to Internet
4. My devices have issues connecting to internet when connecting via RBS50(Satelite)
5. My devices have no issues connecting to internet when connecting via RBR50(Router)
6. RBS50(Satelite) firmware is RBS50-V2.7.2.104

Should you require more information to diagnose , do ask along 🙂

Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
MarcusTan93
Tutor

Re: RBS50 WiFi No internet

Oh well. I just factory reset the RBS50 sat and resync the sat to the router. Magically it works now...finger crossed this issue won't happen again. Thx for your input anyways @vajim 

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 11

All Replies
vajim
Master

@MarcusTan93 wrote:

Hi,

I have a RBK50 System (RBR50 +RBS50)

I am having issues with RBS50 Internet Connection.
1. RBR50(Router) has no issue connecting to the internet. Both on Wifi and Ethernet
2. RBS50(Satelite) is linked with Ethernet Backhaul.
3. My PC connecting to RBS50 via Ethernet has no issues connecting to Internet
4. My devices have issues connecting to internet when connecting via RBS50(Satelite)
5. My devices have no issues connecting to internet when connecting via RBR50(Router)
6. RBS50(Satelite) firmware is RBS50-V2.7.2.104

Should you require more information to diagnose , do ask along 🙂

how do know which of your devices are attempting to connect via the sat?

Message 2 of 11
MarcusTan93
Tutor

Hi Vajim,

1. By going to the attached devices section(via router and satelite admin page)

2. By signal strength. If it is connected to the router, it will at most has 1-2 bars max(My router is quite a distance away and it is at lower floor). If it is connected to satelite, it will be full bar. 

Message 3 of 11
vajim
Master

@MarcusTan93 wrote:

Hi Vajim,

2. By signal strength. If it is connected to the router, it will at most has 1-2 bars max(My router is quite a distance away and it is at lower floor). If it is connected to satelite, it will be full bar. 

That's what I thought.  

Are any of your devices hard wired into the sat?

FYI....just checked my pc login and it says both of my sats disconnected, yet in the devices lists it shows several connected via one of the sats.  

Sometimes a simple reboot makes all happy

Message 4 of 11
MarcusTan93
Tutor

@vajim wrote:

@MarcusTan93 wrote:

Hi Vajim,

That's what I thought.  

FYI....just checked my pc login and it says both of my sats disconnected, yet in the devices lists it shows several connected via one of the sats.  

1. My PC is hardwired via the sat and has no issues connecting to internet.
2. Yes. Orbi PC login sometimes false display sat as disconnected(especially from the phone app).
3. It was on an older firmware so i updated it and rebooted also still same issue.

Message 5 of 11
vajim
Master

@MarcusTan93 wrote:

@vajim wrote:

@MarcusTan93 wrote:

Hi Vajim,

That's what I thought.  

2. Yes. Orbi PC login sometimes false display sat as disconnected(especially from the phone app).
3. It was on an older firmware so i updated it and rebooted also still same issue.

so....your PC is hardwired via the sat and has no issues connecting to internet......does that mean it really is going through the sat and there is no problem and the pc login is lying..??

Message 6 of 11
MarcusTan93
Tutor

@vajim wrote:

@MarcusTan93 wrote:

@vajim wrote:

@MarcusTan93 wrote:

Hi Vajim,

That's what I thought.  

so....your PC is hardwired via the sat and has no issues connecting to internet......does that mean it really is going through the sat and there is no problem and the pc login is lying..??

Apparently so...I have no issue of connecting to internet via ethernet directly to the sat as the sat is connected to the main router. But when i try to access PC login via my phone, it somehow connects to the sat login page instead(using router address), does that means any issue?

Message 7 of 11
vajim
Master

@MarcusTan93 wrote:

@vajim wrote:

@MarcusTan93 wrote:

@vajim wrote:

@MarcusTan93 wrote:

Hi Vajim,

That's what I thought.  

Apparently so...I have no issue of connecting to internet via ethernet directly to the sat as the sat is connected to the main router. But when i try to access PC login via my phone, it somehow connects to the sat login page instead(using router address), does that means any issue?

couldn't tell ya...i never use the phone as you describe or the app

Message 8 of 11
MarcusTan93
Tutor

Oh well. I just factory reset the RBS50 sat and resync the sat to the router. Magically it works now...finger crossed this issue won't happen again. Thx for your input anyways @vajim 

Message 9 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to make a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@MarcusTan93 wrote:

Oh well. I just factory reset the RBS50 sat and resync the sat to the router. Magically it works now...finger crossed this issue won't happen again. 

Message 10 of 11
vajim
Master

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Be sure to make a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed. 

yes it is true...most know to do this....but thanks anway

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7