Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBS50 auto change connection type to router RBR50 from 5ghz to 2.4ghz

arn0ld
Aspirant

RBS50 auto change connection type to router RBR50 from 5ghz to 2.4ghz

Hello,

I have netgear orbi system with 1 router rbr50 and 2 satellite rbs50. i have used this system for 2 year, no problem.

But after updating firmware V2.7.3.22, my rbs50 often change connection type 5ghz to 2.4ghz, althought i haven't changed thier position. To resolve this problem , i have to re sycn satellite and router gain. But the problem will be happen after few hours. 

How should i resolve in this issue . How to make connection type between router and satellite fix as 5ghz connection.

Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?  A complete pull of the power adapters for a period of time after the factory reset then walk thru the setup wizard and setup from scratch. 

Message 2 of 7
arn0ld
Aspirant

sorry i don't understand clearly. So i should push the small reset button of router and satellite right ?

If i do factory reset, do i lost all my internet config ? The firmware after reseting will be V2.7.3.22 or downgrade to first firmware when it's come out from factory ?

Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

@arn0ld wrote:

sorry i don't understand clearly. So i should push the small reset button of router and satellite right ? Yes. And on the RBR.

If i do factory reset, do i lost all my internet config ? Yes.

The firmware after reseting will be V2.7.3.22 or downgrade to first firmware when it's come out from factory ? Will be .22

Message 4 of 7
arn0ld
Aspirant

thank you very much for support

Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 6 of 7
arn0ld
Aspirant

problem was happen again after i following your solution. After 10 days the system run as normal ( speed test router and satellite is more than 280Mb/s ), i haven't change router and satellite place and today the internet speed on satellite was problem again. The speed test direct to router is 288mb/s, but the speed test on satellite is 40mb only. 

Do my satellite got problem with hardware or firmware Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 00.42.15.png

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7