Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS750 Satellite Flashing White - Need to manually update firmware

ksteinberger92
Aspirant

RBS750 Satellite Flashing White - Need to manually update firmware

System: (1) RBR750 (2) RBS750's. Both the RBR and the other RBS 4.6.5.14. The RBS in question had blank firmware fields in the app.

My RBS750 Satelittle has been blinking white for some time now. Here's what I'm tried so far:

1. Power cycle Satellite

2. Reset Satellite with paper clip. Power light blinks amber for a bit, then goes green and led is still pulsing white. It blinks white first then starts to pulse white.

2a. Brought the satellite to the router and plugged in ethernet. App saw it went from a wireless to wired connection, but satellite was still red.

3. Power cycle Router.

4. (This is probably where I made a mistake). I went into the orbi webpage and deleted the satellite from the system, thinking that I could start fresh and resync the satelittle to get it to firmware update. I tried updating firmware in the app previous to this step, but the firmware field was blank and nothing was updating. Now I can't get the Satellite to connect back into the system. 

6. I tried to plug my laptop into the Satellite direct via ethernet and turning off Wifi, but can't seem to find a way to access the satellite manually to update it. I tried reseting while the ethernet was plugged in and going to http://192.168.1.250/. But that's not working either.

Any help is appreciated, cheers.

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBS750 Satellite Flashing White - Need to manually update firmware

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX (WiFi 6) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7