Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBW30 - Issues on Firmware 2.3.0.4

DorkiOrbiFW
Apprentice

RBW30 - Issues on Firmware 2.3.0.4

Hello Orbi Community,

My system has been running exceptionally well lately until recently. The only unit in my system that is posing an issue is my RBW30 wall plug satellite. My backhaul status is "Good", but clients frequently get disconnected to it and I also am unable to ping that satellite even though my RBR40 reports that it is online and has a good backhaul strength.

Things I have tried to resolve the issue:

1. Hard Reset Orbi Router
  2. Hard Reset RBW30
  3. Reflash of firmware 2.3.0.4
  4. Changing wireless channels

I am unsure as what to do here to correct this ongoing issue. For now, I will be rolling this unit back to the previous firmware (2.2.1.204) until Netgear releases a stable version once again or someone is able to get me a resolution.

@FURRYe38, do you have any suggestions that could possibly get this satellite functioning as intended on this latest version?

Thank you,

Model: RBW30|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
DorkiOrbiFW
Apprentice

Re: RBW30 - Issues on Firmware 2.3.0.4

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Whats the distance between the RBR and RBW? 

Seen others with RBW issues and not really sure of any good resolution. Confidence in RBWs has been low.  Try prior working FW, if that resolves this in time being, then I would file a support ticked and inform NG of issues with v2.3.0.4...

@Blanca_O 

The distance is perfect, as I have never had any issues with the RBW30 (and actually it has been the best satellite of my entire system as I have never had issues until the release of the crappy 2.3.0.4). Although, come to think of it now, I didn't have any issues with that satellite until after I updated my router to version 2.3.1.48. For some odd reason (I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO EXPLANATION TO), it actually has been stable and reliable for 2 days. I don't know if perhaps it needed time to "adapt and play nice" with my RBR40 running 2.3.0.48. 

Who knows?

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Seen others with RBW issues and not really sure of any good resolution. Confidence in RBWs has been low.  Try prior working FW, if that resolves this in time being, then I would file a support ticked and inform NG of issues with v2.3.0.4...

@Blanca_O 

Message 2 of 6
DorkiOrbiFW
Apprentice

@FURRYe38 wrote:

@Blanca_O 

The distance is perfect, as I have never had any issues with the RBW30 (and actually it has been the best satellite of my entire system as I have never had issues until the release of the crappy 2.3.0.4). Although, come to think of it now, I didn't have any issues with that satellite until after I updated my router to version 2.3.1.48. For some odd reason (I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO EXPLANATION TO), it actually has been stable and reliable for 2 days. I don't know if perhaps it needed time to "adapt and play nice" with my RBR40 running 2.3.0.48. 

Who knows?

Regards,

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Probably the system stablizing on it's own? 

@DorkiOrbiFW wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

@Blanca_O 

Who knows?

Regards,

Message 4 of 6
DorkiOrbiFW
Apprentice

@FURRYe38 , it must have been, as I have now been rock solid with all of my devices connecting beautifully for 3 days straight now with no issues. I am running all the latest versions for my Orbi router and satellites. I AM HAPPY! Smiley Very Happy

Regards,

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Now save off a backup of the system config to file for safe keeping.

Mark your post as solved so others will know.

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7