Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re Connect Orbi RBR20 to new internet supplier

Benonline1
Aspirant

Re Connect Orbi RBR20 to new internet supplier

Hi, can someone please help me? I changed my internet provider and my orbi RBR20 mesh thingie will not connect to wifi. It's saying everything is detected though... but having trouble connecting. I don't understand tech talk & am hoping there is a very kind person who could break it down to simple easy to understand non techy step by step for me.

My system was working perfectly till I changed the internet company....& unfortunately it says in the terms & conditions that they don't help when not using their modem/router.

I need help with finding details to fill in advanced settings too. I have uploaded some info, but need help knowing where to put into please. 
I am in NZ. My new internet provider is Slingshot. Let me know what if any further info is needed to help me. Thank you 😊 

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

Re: Re Connect Orbi RBR20 to new internet supplier

what modem/gateway is the router connecting to? 

Message 2 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AC products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this router forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/bd-p/Orbi

Thank you.

Message 3 of 8
Benonline1
Aspirant

Oh...ok! Thank you for that 🙏😊

Message 4 of 8

@Benonline1 wrote:

Oh...ok! Thank you for that 🙏😊

It doesn't really matter where you ask questions basic questions like that. They apply to most routers, Orbi or otherwise, and there may be more traffic here.

You will get the same question, and answers, wherever you ask. So reply to the question from @plemans and you might get help. Saves you, and everyone else, time wasted dashing all over the place.

Did you reset your Orbi and set it up from scratch? You need to do that to get it to forget settings left over from your previous ISP.

Message 5 of 8
Benonline1
Aspirant

Yes I did. Think my biggest problem is not knowing how to fill this form out on app when setting up from scratch. Have factory rest...& doing new setup.

Message 6 of 8

@Benonline1 wrote:

Think my biggest problem is not knowing how to fill this form out on app when setting up from scratch. Have factory rest...& doing new setup.

Avoid the app. Use a wired connection.

Manuals are always a good place to start.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Begin with the Quick Start/Installation Guide.

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@Benonline1 wrote:

Yes I did. Think my biggest problem is not knowing how to fill this form out on app when setting up from scratch. Have factory rest...& doing new setup.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7