Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR50 randomly blocking devices and then responding extremely slowly

StevenOrbi
Tutor

Recently seeing a similar problem where the Satellites are blocking devices that are setup in Access Control.  Problem seems random and intermittent.  I haven't disabled Access Control to see if the problem goes away because I want to not allow unknown devices to connect.  I have found that if I move the blocked device close to the router so that it connects to router issue is resolved.

It almost seems like the Access Control list on the satellites is not syncing.  However when I look in the admin interface or in the Orbi app, the devices do NOT show blocked.

Right now my only solution is to disable the satellites.  But of course why do I have a mesh system?

I am running the latest firmware on all nodes (which is dated 8/21).

The distance between the satellites is about 30-35 feet with walls between them so I have tried to lower the transmit power to 50% and that seems to help.  But problem still occurs.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try Auto and 48 on 5Ghz. Or try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Is Armor or Circle enabled?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

One User Experience/Configuration:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Most-Stable-Orbi-Configuration/m-p/1941087/highlight/true#M970...

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7