Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Release Notes

Folbo
Tutor

Release Notes

Is there a  link to Orbi Firmware release notes?

Netgear Orbi is still extremely unstable ... it simply sdoes not stay configured signal move from excellent to poor to none for no apparent reson. Firmware UI is poor (timeout excrutiating) ... app is broken ... Netgear have refused to provide any support ... it has been months chasing them ... updates have not help ... I am now reluctant to use their updates without checking the release notes first ... but I cannot find the page. 

I presume that release notes are available?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Has a factory reset been and setup from scratch been performed since last update? 

Release notes are found with each FW Version posted on the down load site:

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBR50.aspx#download

Select the purple arrow to the right of each version to see "Release Notes" selectable link.

Also included with each .zip file. 

Message 2 of 4
Folbo
Tutor

Thanks for the reply. I have tried so many combination of 'solutions' according to these forums over the last 11 monthst that I just recomend to my clients to avoid Netgear products (was not the case for the last two decades ... but Orbi ... !)

Netgear did not provide any support of note even in the early months. they are now 'locked down' so that they simply refuse to support a product that never worked.

I stopped using Orbi in mission critical situations but come back every now and again ... still unstable ... still very poor connection even in ideal circumstances ... still setup ... wait ... eventuaklkly stable ... only for it to deteriorate again over time ... with no indication of the 'super' design units ... such as an LED etc.

I followed the link to one set of release notes ... thanks for the link. That did not have anything but what is presumably the lastest release notes ... It is sort what I was looking for, but looking for a single page where I could scroll down all of the release notes and scan all of the 'fixes' ... before deciding whether to fight with the orbi junk again. The mobile app simply does not work fully. The factory reset can result in hours of failed connections and non-connecting sattelites ... etc. etc. I have been burnt so many times in the last 11 months ... if they were not so expensive I would have binned them a long time ago ... and I refuyse to sell them on ... in all good fiath I would not inflct them on the un-suspecting. 

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Please leave feedback to the questions presented. Maybe we can help you figure this out. Others including myself are having good experiences with Orbi. Though there some odd behaviors. Sometimes it just needs alittle helper. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7