Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Remote Desktop on a Mac

srdjedit
Aspirant

Remote Desktop on a Mac

I can connect my laptop to my iMac at home via Remote Desktop. But when I'm at work it will not connect. It says can't connect check firewall etc... I don't have a firewall at home.

As far as firmware. I restarted and reset everything this morning before I came to work. So the firmware has been updated.  Does anyone have any hints, tips?

Thanks,

Scott

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
ekhalil
Master

Re: Remote Desktop on a Mac

The easiest way for you would be to connect yourself using VPN from computer at work to Orbi then connect to the iMac exactly as you do when at home. Have you tried that?

Message 2 of 4
srdjedit
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply! I have limited knowledge about VPNs, I know what they do but how would a VPN help?

Thanks

Scott

Message 3 of 4
ekhalil
Master

VPN is a secure tunnel between your computer and the internet. You can use VPN to eastablish a tunnel between your computer at work and Orbi.

By doing so you will be seen by Orbi as if you're sitting at home with a private IP address, so you will have access to the Orbi network exactly as if you have wifi connection to Orbi.

To configure VPN, you need first to configure DDNS in Orbi then configure VPN. You can find both settings under the >> ADVANCED >> Advanced >> in the web GUI.

I hope that helps.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7