Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Remote management

colehme
Aspirant

Remote management

When I try to enable remote managment I get the message, "this NETGEAR device is already registered with another account."
To the best of my knowledge I only have one NETGEAR account.

Message 1 of 17
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Remote management

There are two kinds of "Remote Management" on the Orbi:

• The web interface has an option to activate "Remote Management", which opens port 8443 to the Orbi web server.
    Anyone can then use a web browser to https://<public IP of Orbi>:8443 and "Voila", the web interface will appear.
    Of course, since port 8443 is well-known to hackers, the Orbi is immediately exposed to attempts to log in,
    which fail because they do not know the password.  My Orbi password is 30 characters long, which means
    someone will have to try once a second for many (many) years before getting in.
    But, it does fill up the Orbi log with "Invalid Login Attempt".
  • The Orbi App has a separate Report Management feature, which is based on the Netgear account that the Orbi was registered under.  Sometimes people purchase an Orbi that was originally registered by someone else, then returned to the store (such as Costco or Amazon).  This is a major annoyance because (a) the new owner is not able to register the product for support, and (b) the Orbi app is not happy.

(Sorry for the long response)  My guess is that  this Orbi was already registered to someone else.  Were you able to register it on the Netgear web site, or when you configured it?

(or, I am "wrong again.  dang!")

Message 2 of 17
colehme
Aspirant

I did register my router.

I tried all my e-mail addresses; I don't remember which I used. None show the RBK 44.

They show the extra satilite I added.

Not sure of the next step.

Model: RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 3 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

'd contact NG support for help with any registration problems.

@Blanca_O 

Message 4 of 17
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @colehme

Please DM me your email address and device serial number. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 5 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

Please do not post serial numbers of your Orbi system. 

Message 6 of 17
colehme
Aspirant

I am not getting any help or follow up from netgear support!!

Message 7 of 17
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @colehme

Please be informed that I removed your post as we do not recommend posting the device serial number on public. 

I already take note of the device serial number. I will get back to you the soonest for update or next action. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 8 of 17
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @colehme

Please check your inbox. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 9 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

Please make contact with Blanca_O, a forum moderator about your problem. 

@colehme wrote:

I am not getting any help or follow up from netgear support!!

Message 10 of 17
colehme
Aspirant

Thank you.

I'd like to!

How do I make contact with Blanca_O?

Message 11 of 17
colehme
Aspirant

Thank you very much.

I have purchase documents and registration statements that prove I bought and registered the router.

I actually provided them to someone named Armin (Case 4220386) but have not heard back.

I don't have knowledge of how the system works but wonder if there's a way to reinstall and set up the Orbi App with another e-mail address.

Message 12 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

Click on her user name and then select Send Privage Message. 

Good Luck. 

Message 13 of 17
colehme
Aspirant

Thank you!

Message 14 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

Hope it works out. 

Message 15 of 17
colehme
Aspirant

THANKS FOR YOUR REPSONSE. IT WAS HELPFUL. THE FOLKS AT NETGEAR SUCCESSFULLY PUT ALL OF MY PRODUCTS UNDER ONE E-MAIL ADDRESS. I AM STILL UNABLE TO ENABLE REMOTE MANAGMENT. I THINK IT'S STILL THE SAME PROBLEM, MY ORBI APP WAS SET UP UNDER A DIFFERENT E-MAIL THAN WHERE MY EQUIPMENT IS REGISTERED. HOW CAN I SET UP THE ORBI APP WITH THE CORRECT E-MAIL ADDRESS? I CAN LOG OUT BUT I CAN'T RESET. DO I START ALL OVER AS IF I'M SETTING UP A NEW ACCOUNT? IS THERE ANOTHER WAY TO CONNECT THE APP TO THE RIGHT EQUIPMENT?

Model: RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 16 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

Please use the caps lock and ensure it's not enabled. 

Thank you.

Please post about this in the Orbi app forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app

Good Luck. 

@colehme wrote:

THANKS FOR YOUR REPSONSE. IT WAS HELPFUL. THE FOLKS AT NETGEAR SUCCESSFULLY PUT ALL OF MY PRODUCTS UNDER ONE E-MAIL ADDRESS. I AM STILL UNABLE TO ENABLE REMOTE MANAGMENT. I THINK IT'S STILL THE SAME PROBLEM, MY ORBI APP WAS SET UP UNDER A DIFFERENT E-MAIL THAN WHERE MY EQUIPMENT IS REGISTERED. HOW CAN I SET UP THE ORBI APP WITH THE CORRECT E-MAIL ADDRESS? I CAN LOG OUT BUT I CAN'T RESET. DO I START ALL OVER AS IF I'M SETTING UP A NEW ACCOUNT? IS THERE ANOTHER WAY TO CONNECT THE APP TO THE RIGHT EQUIPMENT?

Message 17 of 17
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7