Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Replacement of RBR 40 router - due to hardware failure -

LouisZ
Follower

Replacement of RBR 40 router - due to hardware failure -

I have to replace my RBR40 Router part of a 3 satellite configuration. I will call this the original new product install RBK40(Orig)  . The RBR40 (orig)  router damage was verified by Netgear Support staff. The staff advised me to replace the damaged item, after extensive searching we confirmed that I could not purchase a standalone new  RBR40. 

I have the following situations

Router replacement and Set up

I found two used RBR40 routers - one a refurbished unit on via Amazon , and a used unit for e-bay.   I will call the eBay RBR 40 router  unit as RBR40 (e-bay) , the second as RBR40 refurbished  RBR40(Refurb) 

I noticed that the three satellites  have the password for the RBR40 (orig) , does this imply that I need to some how load the new password from RBR40 (e-bay) .  I am having difficulties setting up the satellites.  

I have RBR40 (e-bay) up and running and we noticed a reduction in performance (area-distance) covered.  Is there anyway to check or verified power .

Is there anywhere I can send RBR40 (orig)  For diagnostics and potential repair I need to identify the damage and potential source in the house .

Model: RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Replacement of RBR 40 router - due to hardware failure -

Please post about this over in the Orbi AC forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/bd-p/Orbi

Thank you. 

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last update?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

@LouisZ wrote:

I have to replace my RBR40 Router part of a 3 satellite configuration. I will call this the original new product install RBK40(Orig)  . The RBR40 (orig)  router damage was verified by Netgear Support staff. The staff advised me to replace the damaged item, after extensive searching we confirmed that I could not purchase a standalone new  RBR40. 

I have the following situations

Router replacement and Set up

I found two used RBR40 routers - one a refurbished unit on via Amazon , and a used unit for e-bay.   I will call the eBay RBR 40 router  unit as RBR40 (e-bay) , the second as RBR40 refurbished  RBR40(Refurb) 

I noticed that the three satellites  have the password for the RBR40 (orig) , does this imply that I need to some how load the new password from RBR40 (e-bay) .  I am having difficulties setting up the satellites.  

I have RBR40 (e-bay) up and running and we noticed a reduction in performance (area-distance) covered.  Is there anyway to check or verified power .

Is there anywhere I can send RBR40 (orig)  For diagnostics and potential repair I need to identify the damage and potential source in the house .

Message 3 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Please post about this over in the Orbi AC forum:

what?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation