Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Resetting Passwords

Karthik07
Aspirant

Resetting Passwords

Hi experts 

I am in trouble and seeking all your help to reset the password of the orbi router, while configuring this device one of my friend was in my home, the service provider in my locality installed the device and configured the password now i want don't know the password what he configured to this device, i tried to reset the password as per the instructions on netgear support page, bit unfortunately i can't, because its asking security questions, i don't know whether this password recoveryoption is enabled or not, I can't even contact the service provider because they are installing 10 devices  perday, So whats is the option left to me to reset the password

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Resetting Passwords

Need to factory reset the RBR and setup from scratch an walk thru the setup wizard. This time be sure to write down all information for safe keeping. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Need to factory reset the RBR and setup from scratch an walk thru the setup wizard. This time be sure to write down all information for safe keeping. 

Message 2 of 4
Karthik07
Aspirant

Thank you so much for your reply, will try it & let you know the results
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors