Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Router Log Forwarding

brelijah07
Aspirant

Router Log Forwarding

How do i forward my router logs to a computer in my netwrok? Can this be achieved with port forwarding ot triggering? Someone  please help im in Way over my head.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 3
Mikey94025
Hero

I have my Orbi configured to email me the logs weekly by configuring the outgoing mail server settings.  I went to Security...Email and checked Turn E-mail Notification On and then entered my email address + mail server/port and username/password.  Then I set the logs to be sent Weekly at Sunday 12am.

What email provider do you use (e.g., gmail)?  Note that using gmail is not as straight-forward because it doesn't work by default with many router outgoing email functions (if they don't support their modern mail server security requirements, which many do not).

Message 2 of 3
brelijah07
Aspirant

i have the logs emailed but it doesnt suit my purposes very well at all. I was hoping i could configure a port for the log so my log couyld bve translated real time

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7