Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Router Random Disconnects

Router Random Disconnects

Returned home after an extended time away.  My Orbi RBR50 & Satellite upgraded themselves to v2.5.0.38.

Now I am seeing random (non-load related) disconnects by the RBR50.  NOT the incoming connection, I've checked.  NOTHING in the logs about the disconnections (what good are logs that aren't logging properly??).  

Upgraded manually to 2.5.0.40, but that didn't help.  Dropped back to 2.3.5.30 and that seems to have ameliorated the issues for the moment.  But I resent being a "beta tester" of Netgear's firmware upgrades that clearly aren't being tested properly.  "A Hot Release"? WTF is THAT all about?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@Chitowndude wrote:

Returned home after an extended time away.  My Orbi RBR50 & Satellite upgraded themselves to v2.5.0.38.

Now I am seeing random (non-load related) disconnects by the RBR50.  NOT the incoming connection, I've checked.  NOTHING in the logs about the disconnections (what good are logs that aren't logging properly??).  

Upgraded manually to 2.5.0.40, but that didn't help.  Dropped back to 2.3.5.30 and that seems to have ameliorated the issues for the moment.  But I resent being a "beta tester" of Netgear's firmware upgrades that clearly aren't being tested properly.  "A Hot Release"? WTF is THAT all about?

Fairly normal.....I guess when 2.5.0.40 was available, then v2.5.0.38 (lots of problems reported here) shifted to auto update mode.  I'm glad you were able to sort things out and the fact that you didn't start the mess off with a manual update.  Thanks for the post.

Message 2 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Is for a certificate fix that some users are concerned about is all:

https://kb.netgear.com/000061393/RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-Version-2-5-0-40-Hot-Fix

@Chitowndude wrote:

Message 3 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Is for a certificate fix that some users are concerned about is all:

https://kb.netgear.com/000061393/RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-Version-2-5-0-40-Hot-Fix

and broke other stuff....wonderful

Message 4 of 7
Wire1852
Apprentice

Sorry for your problems @Chitowndude. A lot of people are having issues with v2.5.0.38.

You installed v2.5.0.40 then rolled back to 2.3.5.30, The v2.5.0.40 hot fix supposely fixes a sercurity certificate that expired in eary August. You would see this issue (image below) if you logged into your router using a browser at www.orbilogin.com. Since you rolled back to 2.3.5.30 a question is did the security certificate get rolled back also? If you use a browser to log into your router you can answer this question. If you don't use a browser, don't worry about it. 

netgear.gif

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Users need to factory reset there systems after loading v38 or v40. There is a known problem with v38 with device naming. This doesn't effect overall operation. I saw no issues with over all operation with v38 after a manual FW load and factory rest I'll be doing the same again to check v40. Users will have to wait for NG to fix the device naming problem or revert back and wait till the fix comes from NG. 

@Chitowndude wrote:

Message 6 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Users need to factory reset there systems after loading v38 or v40.

factory reset is for lost passwords

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7