Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router and Satellite help

RavetheDave
Aspirant

Router and Satellite help

Hi

Hope someone can help I have had the RBR50 for a couple years now with one satellite and they worked perfectly until I updated the firmware last week, since then connections have dropped everywhere and the satellite is not even being recognised on the app or orbilogin! I have turned back the firmware to a previous one on both router and satellite! The app shows the satellite with a magenta dot even though the satellite pulses blue and devices with a lan cable from the satellite still connect just very poor speed!

Hope someone can help because it’s getting very frustrating
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 14
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Router and Satellite help

revert your FW and stop performing updates....or get ready for the dozens of questions to follow

Message 2 of 14
RavetheDave
Aspirant

Revert fw to which one? Does it update automatically then?
Message 3 of 14
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@RavetheDave wrote:
Revert fw to which one? Does it update automatically then?

how did the update happen?  Did you do it or did you wake up one morning there it was?

Message 4 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Do a factory reset on the RBR and RBS and setup from scratch. If you want to update FW, do it by manually downloading FW files from NGs support site. Seen bad behaviors with users updating thru auto update or using the Orbi app. I prefer manually installation and reset after wards. Ensures good FW installation and operation after.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/RBR50-Internet-outage-DNS-issue/m-p/1881623/highlight/true#M86...

@RavetheDave wrote:
Hi

Hope someone can help I have had the RBR50 for a couple years now with one satellite and they worked perfectly until I updated the firmware last week, since then connections have dropped everywhere and the satellite is not even being recognised on the app or orbilogin! I have turned back the firmware to a previous one on both router and satellite! The app shows the satellite with a magenta dot even though the satellite pulses blue and devices with a lan cable from the satellite still connect just very poor speed!

Hope someone can help because it’s getting very frustrating

Message 5 of 14
RavetheDave
Aspirant

I did the update via the app but then I rolled it back manually
Message 6 of 14
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Do a factory reset on the RBR and RBS and setup from scratch.

well there ya go....

Message 7 of 14
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@RavetheDave wrote:
I did the update via the app but then I rolled it back manually

and...?? it's still broke?

stay  away from the app and stop performing updates

Message 8 of 14
Stingfly
Initiate

@Retired_Member, you're apparently not an expert and provide little to no good advise. Maybe you should stop trying to help.
Message 9 of 14
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@Stingfly wrote:
@Retired_Member, you're apparently not an expert and provide little to no good advise. Maybe you should stop trying to help.

you're right...never claimed to be an expert.

the only thing I'm 'trying' to do is get people to stop monkeying with the FW.   Then people like you come along and interpret my actions for something they are not.  

There are others in this forum who also appear to want to help, however they would rather use the...."did you do this or do that.."...knowing full well about NG's FW history.

That's all....Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 14
BoilerPlate
Apprentice

He as a long history of not giving any kind of good help for users.

And theres nothing wrong in users helping users get problems fixed. It's what the forums are for. Not to avoid problems.

@Stingfly wrote:

Message 11 of 14
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@BoilerPlate wrote:

He as a long history of not giving any kind of good help for users.

Noted....thank you for your opinion

Message 12 of 14
RavetheDave
Aspirant

Thanks for the advice guys will try factory reset both tomorrow and then update manually! Do u recommend a particular order to factory reset? I have read to install firmware on satellite first just wondered if same approach with resetting?
Message 13 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes, load the RBS first then RBR lastly. Press the reset button for 15 seconds then release and walk thru the setup wizard with a PC or laptop. 

@RavetheDave wrote:
Thanks for the advice guys will try factory reset both tomorrow and then update manually! Do u recommend a particular order to factory reset? I have read to install firmware on satellite first just wondered if same approach with resetting?

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7