Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Router problem - no network every 1-2 days

Noh
Aspirant
Aspirant

Router problem - no network every 1-2 days

I have bought orbi rbr20 for a week. However, every 1-2 days, the router will not be function well, my devices can still connect to the router, but can’t access to network. Sometimes, my desktop even can’t search the router ssid. All these problems can be solved by rebooting the router. Can anyone know the issue? Will it be the bandwith problem? I placed my orbi router and satellite in living room(around 400cm diatance between router and satellite in same floor). Thanks.
Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?
What WPA security modes are you using?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Message 2 of 8
Noh
Aspirant
Aspirant

Router firmware 2.3.1.44.
Orbi system operate in router mode.

My home size is around 1000 feet.
The distance between the router and satellite is around 12-15 feet.

I am now using auto channel for2.4Ghz. Around 2-4 Wifi Neighbors nearby.

I am using WPA2-PSK security modes .
Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What happens if you turn OFF the RBS and just run the RBR alone? 

30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Message 4 of 8
ekhalil
Master

@Noh wrote:
I have bought orbi rbr20 for a week. However, every 1-2 days, the router will not be function well, my devices can still connect to the router, but can’t access to network. .....
  1. When this happens, does the Orbi Router's top LED ring lights magenta?
  2. When this happens please login to the Router's IP address (not orbilogin.com as this will probably not work) and check in the web GUI under >> ADVANCED >> INTERNET PORT >> CONNECTION STATUS >> 

Namnlöst.png

Message 5 of 8
Noh
Aspirant
Aspirant

If i move the satellite to one of my bedroom(may be too many walls between router and satellite), the LED light ring will turn orange. Will it be function well? Thanks.
Message 6 of 8
Noh
Aspirant
Aspirant

The LED light ring function as normal in white color. I will check the connection status through ip address next time, thanks.
Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

12-15 feet is too close to the RBR with the satellite. 

Try turning off the RBS and see if the system continues to stop working every 1-2 days or this doesn't happen anymore. 

@Noh wrote:
If i move the satellite to one of my bedroom(may be too many walls between router and satellite), the LED light ring will turn orange. Will it be function well? Thanks.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7