Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Satellite connection status

msfox99
Guide

Satellite connection status

Hi.  I have had the RBK50 for a while, and also have a 2nd satellite.  (RBS40)  Recently, around the time I updated to the latest firmware, neither the web admin page, nor the Android app, show the satellites as being connects.  That is, it says, 0 satellites.  But when I power down and up a satellite, it shows the blue light when done starting up, indcating a good backhaul connection.  And the devices near the satellites seem to have a very strong signal.  The satellites used to show as being active always.  I have gone through the sync process.

The current firmware on the base router is V2.5.0.38.

Any ideas!  Thanks.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a Generate backhaul password for the RBS under Advanced/Advanced settings/Wireless settings. See if this helps. If not, A reset will be needed on the RBR and RBS setup from scratch. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 12

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

Did you power OFF the RBR and RBS as well? 

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

Message 2 of 12
msfox99
Guide

They are around 30-40 feet.  Everything has worked fine for the last year plus.  I did power cycle everything.

I haven't done a factory reset yet, and would prefer to avoid that for now.

Message 3 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a Generate backhaul password for the RBS under Advanced/Advanced settings/Wireless settings. See if this helps. If not, A reset will be needed on the RBR and RBS setup from scratch. 

Message 4 of 12
msfox99
Guide

I think I will  go ahead and do a factory reset tomorrow.  I assume that I only need to reset the router,   not the satellites?

Thanks for your help.

Message 5 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok.

Message 6 of 12
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@msfox99 wrote:

Hi.  I have had the RBK50 for a while, and also have a 2nd satellite.  (RBS40)  Recently, around the time I updated to the latest firmware, neither the web admin page, nor the Android app, show the satellites as being connects.  That is, it says, 0 satellites.  But when I power down and up a satellite, it shows the blue light when done starting up, indcating a good backhaul connection.  And the devices near the satellites seem to have a very strong signal.  The satellites used to show as being active always.  I have gone through the sync process.

The current firmware on the base router is V2.5.0.38.

There's your problem:   V2.5.0.38.

How did you come upon this?

Any ideas!  Thanks.

Message 7 of 12
msfox99
Guide

That is the current latest version.    I clicked Update Firmware on the web interface, and it did the update.  What are you saying VAJim?

Message 8 of 12
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@msfox99 wrote:

That is the current latest version.    I clicked Update Firmware on the web interface, and it did the update.  What are you saying VAJim?

IF your system was working fine before the update....why update?

Message 9 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know if a factory reset and setup from scratch helps your system. I manually loaded v38 FW and factory reset and setup from scratch. No issues with satellite connections, wired or wireless. 

@msfox99 wrote:

I think I will  go ahead and do a factory reset tomorrow.  I assume that I only need to reset the router,   not the satellites?

Thanks for your help.

Message 10 of 12
msfox99
Guide

Yes, after I did a factory reset and re-set up the router, everything seems to working fine.  Both satellites are now listed as well as all other attached devices.

Thanks again for your help.

Message 11 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Good to hear. Glad it's working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7