Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Satellite drops connection

aschuman
Aspirant

Satellite drops connection

Setup was doable, but not as easy as ads say, but it worked fine for 7-10 days. Now the RBS50 has lost connection twice. When working, they were tremendous. They are about 18 feet apart, line of sight, one is in my office, satellite is upstairs on a ledge in loft, so distance should not be an issue.   This is the second time they have disconnected.  Despite several trips up and down the stairs pushing sync button, they remain disconnected. I know for sure because I have a Kevo Plus Gateway plugged into the satellite and the Gateway lights blue when connected to the internet. 

So how do I get the two connected again?  See below.,  Yes, both have latest firmwareorbiCapture.JPG

Message 1 of 3

@aschuman wrote:

Setup was doable, but not as easy as ads say, but it worked fine for 7-10 days. Now the RBS50 has lost connection twice. When working, they were tremendous. They are about 18 feet apart, line of sight, one is in my office, satellite is upstairs on a ledge in loft, so distance should not be an issue.   This is the second time they have disconnected.  Despite several trips up and down the stairs pushing sync button, they remain disconnected. I know for sure because I have a Kevo Plus Gateway plugged into the satellite and the Gateway lights blue when connected to the internet. 

So how do I get the two connected again?  See below.,  Yes, both have latest firmwareorbiCapture.JPG

hi that image you have posts shows the orbi router and sat are correctly connected , however it shows nothing is connect to the sat 

i would suggest this is because at 18 feet you are too close and the wifi devices are just connecting to the router and see no need to connect to the sat 

try disabling and reconnecting the client devices and see if they then connect to the sat 

pete

Message 2 of 3
aschuman
Aspirant

I will check. What makes me think no connection, is that the Kevo Plus bluetooth gateway plugged in via ethernet to the satellite, shows NO Internet connection

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7