Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Satellite shows disconnected

sabadir
Aspirant

Satellite shows disconnected

• When I log into my app it shows I have two sattelites connected. 
    • The RBR50 router and RBS50 sattelites are on firmware 2.7.2.104 - current as of 15 March 2021
  • When I log in to the router it shows one sattelite connected and one disconnected - is this an issue I need to care about?
    • I can log into each sattelite online
    • The sattelite that shows disconnected has no 2.4ghz wifi connections but does have 5.0 and wired connections

Do I need to care?  Why is it showing disconnected online but connected on the app?

Thanks!

Sam

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router, RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Satellite shows disconnected

Power OFF the RBR and RBS. Power ON the RBR and let it come to ready. The power ON  one RBS and let it come to ready, check the status. Might give some time. Then power ON the other RBS. 

Message 2 of 3
vajim
Master

Re: Satellite shows disconnected

@sabadir wrote:
  • When I log into my app it shows I have two sattelites connected. 
    • The RBR50 router and RBS50 sattelites are on firmware 2.7.2.104 - current as of 15 March 2021
  • When I log in to the router it shows one sattelite connected and one disconnected - is this an issue I need to care about?
    • I can log into each sattelite online
    • The sattelite that shows disconnected has no 2.4ghz wifi connections but does have 5.0 and wired connections

Do I need to care?  Why is it showing disconnected online but connected on the app?

Thanks!

Sam

I've seen this type of behavior before, except I don't use the app.  After a few weeks it settled down.  I wouldn't worry about unless you can confirm that your devices are NOT connected.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7