Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Setting up Wake on LAN on RBR20

heldheld
Aspirant

Setting up Wake on LAN on RBR20

Hi,

I want to set up Wake on LAN for my PC via my Orbi RBR20 but I can't seem to find the option in the settings of the RBR20. Is it even possible to do this with this router?

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Setting up Wake on LAN on RBR20

Alas, Orbi routers are not capable of generating Wake On LAN (WOL) packets.  This is a computer management issue, not a network management issue.  There are numerous alternative tools to generate the WOL packets. Here is one list of tools:

https://www.pcwdld.com/free-wake-on-lan-tools 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

There's nothing to set in the router. the computer is the one that WOL when something is sent to it. 

About the only thing that might help is setting it with an IP reservation 

Message 2 of 5
heldheld
Aspirant

As far as I understand it, my router (which is my RBR20) has to send the packet to my PC. Every tutorial I've found about the subject states that I have to set that in the settings/web-interface of my router. I can't find that option though.

Message 3 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Alas, Orbi routers are not capable of generating Wake On LAN (WOL) packets.  This is a computer management issue, not a network management issue.  There are numerous alternative tools to generate the WOL packets. Here is one list of tools:

https://www.pcwdld.com/free-wake-on-lan-tools 

Message 4 of 5
heldheld
Aspirant

Aaaah I see. I found out that the software I downloaded for it has the capability to send the packets itself, I didn't realise that until your post made me look for it. Thanks a lot! Turned out I had everything set up correctly already without even realizing it 🙂

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7