Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Slow Satellite 2 Speeds

FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Slow Satellite 2 Speeds

Understandable. However i'm glad NG is stepping up and sending you a new system for you to try out. Hoping that it will resolve this for you and you just had bad system. 

Message 76 of 84
Codybuts
Aspirant

I literally had to suggest it myself and yell it at the guy, all he wanted to do was stall me another 2 days waiting for another department to " approve it " then he got me on hold came back and it was approved..
I mean every customer is frustrated as hell when **bleep** isnt working right, and then they just want to delay things longer.
It's good when it works. I hope the new router I don't have any issues with .
Thanks for the reply.
Message 77 of 84
Codybuts
Aspirant

New router did not solve my issue... awesome
Message 78 of 84
FURRYe38
Guru

I presume the main problem stems form the placement configuration and environment as we mentioned before in a earlier post...

Message 79 of 84
Codybuts
Aspirant

Placement?? What do you mean ?the placements are fine, It works just cuts out . Even bridged .
Message 80 of 84
Codybuts
Aspirant

Weirdest thing.

I took bridge mode off cause it knocked out my tv and clearly didn't make a difference.
In turn it turned ISP wifi back on.

I changed my ISP wifi to match my orbi wifi, and I haven't had any disconnects in 24 hours or so.

Not sure what to think of this at the moment
Message 81 of 84
FURRYe38
Guru

So your using ISPs wifi as well as Orbis wifi? 

Message 82 of 84
Codybuts
Aspirant

Correct, both 2.4 and 5g on ISP and orbi are both set to the same ssid and pw.
I just haven't really tested speeds throughout, I'd imagine would be fine.. although sat 2 still only see 130 Mbps where sat 1 I see almost same as router around 500
Message 83 of 84
Codybuts
Aspirant

Seems now it will disconnect for like a minute ? And reconnect itself.. notciedt while watching Netflix, it buffered for like 20 seconds , also my cameras flashed off and then back on...

Weird..
Message 84 of 84
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 83 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7