Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Smart TVs won't connect to internet

Bulhead
Tutor

Smart TVs won't connect to internet

Hi I have just installed an Orbi Mesh network with RBK50s. Everything is working brilliantly and really fast apart from my 2 Smart TVs - a Panasonic and a Samsung. Both connect to the router, but not to the internet. I get 404 -Page not found errors on both.

Having looked at some discussions on here I have already disabled my original modem/router from transmitting a wifi signal, but that didn't change anything.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 10
plemans
Guru

Re: Smart TVs won't connect to internet

What modem is it connected to?

Message 2 of 10
Bulhead
Tutor

It's a Sagemcom Plunet One Hub

Message 3 of 10
plemans
Guru

@Bulhead wrote:

It's a Sagemcom Plunet One Hub

Thats a modem router combo device. putting you in a double nat

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

you can try placing it in passthrough/modem only mode (contact isp for help with that) or try placing your orbi in Access point mode. 

Message 4 of 10
Bulhead
Tutor

Hi, so spoken to ISP and switching pass through or bridge mode is not something they support on.

I can access my advanced settings and disable the wifi (2.4 and 5ghz) which I thought be equivalent to passthrough mode. I have done this and it did not help.

I am also finding some websites are blocked (interestingly one being the link on the page you sent which links to How to fix Double NAT issues!)

would purchasing my own modem solve the problem?

Message 5 of 10
plemans
Guru

@Bulhead wrote:

Hi, so spoken to ISP and switching pass through or bridge mode is not something they support on.

I can access my advanced settings and disable the wifi (2.4 and 5ghz) which I thought be equivalent to passthrough mode. I have done this and it did not help.

I am also finding some websites are blocked (interestingly one being the link on the page you sent which links to How to fix Double NAT issues!)

would purchasing my own modem solve the problem?

disabling wifi doesn't fix the issue. it still leaves 2 routers running in router mode on the network. 

Try putting the netgear in access point mode.

Message 6 of 10
Bulhead
Tutor

Thanks for taking the time to respond to me. I had trouble getting into the orbilogin so phoned Netgear support. As I logged in it came up with a note to say that the router was moved to another 'channel' I think. The when I logged in again the issue was resolved without me having to go into access mode.

Have to say the support was really good.

Thanks again

Message 7 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

If you still have the ISP modem and Orbi running in router mode, this is not recommneded. 

You can still use the RBR in router mode with the ISP modem in router mode by enabled DMZ or IP Pass thru for the RBR. This will help with some double NAT issues you may see later on if you don't configure DMZ. 

@Bulhead wrote:

Thanks for taking the time to respond to me. I had trouble getting into the orbilogin so phoned Netgear support. As I logged in it came up with a note to say that the router was moved to another 'channel' I think. The when I logged in again the issue was resolved without me having to go into access mode.

Have to say the support was really good.

Thanks again

Message 8 of 10
Bulhead
Tutor

ks for replying, although I have to admit to being a bit flumoxed by what RBR and DMZ are, so not really sure I can follow your advice (sorry, I'm not a techie). However, i have now seen in the Advanced Set-up that the Router was moved to a different IP address, which was the warning that came up as I logged in. Now I can access the Orbi log in would you still recommend switching to AP mode? 

Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Any DMZ or IP pass thru needs to be done on the host router, not the RBR. 

If you change to AP mode then find the IP address the RBR gets from the host routers connected clients page. 

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7