Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Sonos problem

No_2_netgr
Follower

Sonos problem

I've got RBR40/but this page wouldn't let me select it above, so have selected closest: RBR50. Have struggled with SONOS/Netgear Orbi for a year now. Was perfect previously. No solution. Help pages at Netgear aren't helpful. A reddit page suggesting to; In the advanced tab, select wireless, set you 2.4 ghz to channel 11 instead of automatic at: orbilogin.net makes no sense as there is no advanced TAB on that page and the Netgear orbi app won't let you do it either. Finally fixed my problem; bypassed the Orbi and plugged sonos straight into the Router. Well that's bad news for ORBI Netgear as there is no clear support, (out of warranty) and as out of warranty the online support directs you away from phone/chat help. and also it means what is the point of Orbi? Next time I won't buy due to lack of support, poor online troubleshooting tools (some pages not loading as have 'moved' etc). If someone has the step by step solution for fixing sonos then let me know. Currently the fix is not required as I've decided to not use Orbi for sonos (trust me that's better).

Sonos issues are; controller app doesn't connect well, Sonos is playing but App showing no configuration, no date or time set, can't control music. Music drops out.

Sonos is more important to me than a bad, poor performing mesh router system.

Why would I buy an Orbi again if I want to use Sonos.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Sonos problem

If you're dedicated to Sonos, avoid mesh systems all together. 

If you read on the sonos forums, there's issues with their devices on all mesh systems (not just orbi). 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7