Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Specify VPN VLAN Starting Point

testuserguy
Guide

Specify VPN VLAN Starting Point

I have two different VLANs: IoT and everything else. I also have a VPN setup with my Orbi router. I wanted to know if it is possible to dump a user connection from the VPN into the IoT VLAN only, and not the general VLAN with everything else. As it currently stands, the only options I see are: "All sites on the Internet & Home Network, Home Network only, and Auto". I have the RBR750 Orbi.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Specify VPN VLAN Starting Point

@testuserguy wrote:

I was setting up the VLAN via my TP-Link though. In either case, it sounds like I cannot specify which VLAN or subnet the Orbi VPN has access to, correct? If not, I will seek another product's solution.

My Orbi has the same VLAN option.  The Help Screen describes VLAN entirely in the context of the Internet Service Provider.

And you are correct that the user has no method to assign OpenVPN connections to a VLAN or specific IP subnet.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

I am not aware that the 750 model is able to deal with VLANs (apart from the facility for IPTV).

The user has no capability to determine the IP subnet assigned to devices which connect over OpenVPN.  "What you see is what you get."

Message 2 of 5
ekhalil
Master

Do you really have 750 series? Or do you have Orbi Pro ?

Orbi 750 does not support VLAN tagging.

Message 3 of 5
testuserguy
Guide

Hi All,

I do have the RBR750, and it does have a VLAN section which allegedly supports tagging, as seen below:

testuserguy_0-1662737133676.png

I was setting up the VLAN via my TP-Link though. In either case, it sounds like I cannot specify which VLAN or subnet the Orbi VPN has access to, correct? If not, I will seek another product's solution.

Message 4 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

@testuserguy wrote:

My Orbi has the same VLAN option.  The Help Screen describes VLAN entirely in the context of the Internet Service Provider.

And you are correct that the user has no method to assign OpenVPN connections to a VLAN or specific IP subnet.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7