Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Specify a TFTP server in DHCP settings (RBR50)

bashfulrobot
Tutor

Specify a TFTP server in DHCP settings (RBR50)

Hi there, I was wondering if there is a way to specify a TFTP server in the DHCP settings on an Orbi RBR50? I cannot seem to find an option. I know at times there are ways to do some limited config over telnet, etc, so I thought I would check in. Thank you in advance. System Info Hardware Version: RBR50 Firmware Version: V2.7.3.22 GUI Language Version: V1.0.0.375 Operation Mode: Router
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Specify a TFTP server in DHCP settings (RBR50)

I am not aware of Orbi DHCP supporting any options.  There is a provision on the WAN setup page to have the Orbi use options 60 and 61 to identify itself to the ISP network, but that's not what you want to do.

The only way to accomplish what you want is to use a different DHCP server on the network that is capable of incorporating options 66/67 or 150.  I have found internet articles talking about using Pi-hole's DHCP this way.  I have not looked at pfSense. (Have Pi-hole. do not have pfSense)

Good Luck

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7