Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Spectrum Modem Compatibility

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Spectrum Modem Compatibility

Spectrum recently upgraded my modem and I had used an older version for years. I started having intermittent problems losing TV and internet so they came out and replaced the modem. The problem persisted but became less frequent. I had not updated my router firmware for a number of years and decided to try that. During the setup, the Netgear App was suggested, so I installed that on my phone and there were instructions to disconnect and reconnect the modem during the setup. I did so and have not yet had further problems. 

I suspect there was a compatibility problem between the Spectrum modem and my R7000 router with the old firmware, and the requirement to disconnect and reconnect the modem during the firmware update seems a little odd. Has anyone else had this experience?

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Spectrum Modem Compatibility

Rebooting both the modem and router is a pretty standard practice.

That said, Netgear's community forum design often leads people to post in forums for products that do not match theirs.

For example, this forum is for the Original Orbi WiFi system (not the 'Pro', not the 'AX', not the Orbi Voice..... geez).

Customers who have the Nighthawk R7000 are more likely to comment on your question is it is posted in the general Nighthawk forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-nighthawk 

Good Luck

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7