Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Sporadic and Disappointing Orbi - I was better off with single Asus Router

AZ-Sarge
Initiate

Sporadic and Disappointing Orbi - I was better off with single Asus Router

I have the Orbi RBR40 w/ 3 RBS20 Sats.  I am brand new to Orbi and keep loosing my signal, its "suppose" to cover 8,000 square feet... I am nothing close to this, but wanted to ensure a strong signal throught my yard (automated pool equipment).  I am also using an Arris Docsis 3.1  SURFboard SB8200.   Anyone have tips on settings i may have or have not enabled or disabled that would improve performance.  It works great sometimes, strong signals over 100mb download. Other times unresponsive and requires completed power cycle to come back online.  Of course i bought at Best Buy and am past my return date.  

Firmware up to date - V2.1.2.18

Thanks in advance community

Model: RBK44| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Sporadic and Disappointing Orbi - I was better off with single Asus Router

Hello AZ

You may want to adjust the channel your wifi is using I linked a KB on how to do this. Also you could try to enable beamforming in the advanced wifi settings.

https://kb.netgear.com/25182/Resolving-poor-5GHz-wireless-range-signal-from-my-NETGEAR-router

DarrrenM

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello AZ

You may want to adjust the channel your wifi is using I linked a KB on how to do this. Also you could try to enable beamforming in the advanced wifi settings.

https://kb.netgear.com/25182/Resolving-poor-5GHz-wireless-range-signal-from-my-NETGEAR-router

DarrrenM

Message 2 of 4
AZ-Sarge
Initiate

SOLVED .......... RETURNED ITEM - after long email debate with Netgear and 5x transfers with Best Buy to get past the 15 day policy..... great idea, beautiful design, needs some more work on function and reliability of signal.   #NightHawk #notreadytomesh

Message 3 of 4
t_k
Luminary
Luminary

I just wrote a post that probably covers what you're running into. It's unlikely the issue is signal reach or strength (it could be, but it's unlikely). It's more likely it's the backhaul bugs that plague the Orbi.

See the post here

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7