Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Suddenly can't login at orbilogin.com

TRH
Aspirant
Aspirant

Suddenly can't login at orbilogin.com

Been using for a few years now and no problem logging in to orbilogin.com. Today I tried and a message popped up that my password wasn't secure. It wanted me to change it and add two security questions. One was my father's middle name that I chose. When I tried to log in it said no record of this login and error. Tried again with new and old login info and same error message. Then it went to a new page asking for Serial Number and that would help me login. I entered it and it sent two security questions but the second was not my father's middle name but my sister's name. I entered it, and got "no record". Tried with my father's middle name and same error message. --- So now I can't log in with old or new pw or with any attempts to answer security questions. -- Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
TRH
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. It worked.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

Perform a "Reset to Factory" (look at videos on the web for instructions).  This will wipe out everything and allow you to set it up from scratch.

Yes, the newest firmware is pedantic about wanting users to create more "secure" passwords.  I believe you can simply ignore the prompts and make the password whatever you want.

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

I walked thru a new RBR50 setup last nite. I set a simple 4 character PW, set questions, started the wizard walk thru then was told that the PW as to simple and that I needed to change it. I did however there was a skip button. Talk about pedantic. Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 5
TRH
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. It worked.
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 5