Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Support contact has vanished

rivets
Apprentice

Support contact has vanished

I have been in regular contact with the first line of support people about my ongoing problems with connectivity, but today when I went in to report further disconnects and other strangeness, I find that my support ticket seems to have been deleted. I did not get the usual "reply within 3 days message" either, so does anyone have any idea if something has happened with support? Given that I am running a higher version number beta I would quite like to be able to stay in touch but have no idea how to re-connect with them.

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 7
Ulairi
Luminary

Re: Support contact has vanished

See my earlier thread for explanation of what's going on.  Link

Unfortunately, no contact from Netgear on this just what other users have reported.  I too am awaiting follow up from Support

@DarrenM?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System, RBW30| Orbi Wall Plug Satellite
Message 2 of 7
rivets
Apprentice

Ah, I hadn't seen your post. That semi-explains things.

Re the RBW30, I installed one the other week and, whilst it works, it always shows as a poor connection on backhaul even though it is not that far from the router (but through a brick wall and a concrete wall, so that *might* explain it)

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 3 of 7
Ulairi
Luminary

I've had funky stuff going on with my RBW30.  Two seperate units (the first one was RMA'd) fail to connect to the RBR50 router via 5GHz backhaul - even when in the same room!   But my other RBS50 sat connects via 5GHz just fine. This points to the RBR50 router being the problem?

Both RBW30s originally showed 'poor' connection status when I put them in my preferred location (one floor down and one room over in a wooden house - so should easily be within their range capabilities).  So I resorted to using it just one room away on the same upper level (a mere 20 feet thru one wall), which threw acceptable signal into the lower floor target area. But whenever my son moved around the house, he got disconnects on his iPhone 5S.  These disconnects ceased the moment he turned the RBW30 off. 

But a recent change (as I've been playing around, awaiting support feedback after sending them logs) is that suddenly, the RBW30 can get 'good' connection status in that same lower room (but still only via 2.4GHz).  My son now only gets discionnects if he's moving around on the lower floor (which supports a suspicion that I've harbored for a while that the disconnects are caused by poor hand-off between RBR50 router and RBW30 wall plug sat). 

I'm still on V2.1.3.6 for the RBW30 (I'm not brave enough to try the latest firmware (RBW30-V2.1.4.16) posted a couple of days ago.  The last firmware update throttled my speed again.... Man Sad

I'd suggest trying a few power cycles on your RBW30 and possibly some factory resets to it.  My unit has been power cycled at least ten times by my frustrated son. See if that kicks it up to a higher plateau of performance? 

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System, RBW30| Orbi Wall Plug Satellite
Message 4 of 7
rivets
Apprentice

@Ulairi wrote: 

I'm still on V2.1.3.6 for the RBW30 (I'm not brave enough to try the latest firmware (RBW30-V2.1.4.16) posted a couple of days ago.  The last firmware update throttled my speed again.... Man Sad

Where did you see an update for the RBW30? When I run a check it says there is no new firmware and I am running 2.1.3.6

Message 5 of 7
Ulairi
Luminary

@rivets wrote:

@Ulairi wrote: 

Where did you see an update for the RBW30? When I run a check it says there is no new firmware and I am running 2.1.3.6

Have a look at the links in the first post of the thread for the  new 2.1.4.16 firmware (the thread sticky’d at the top of this forum)

Message 6 of 7
rivets
Apprentice

Ah, I found the link in the post abut 2.1.4.6. I'm giving it try......

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7