Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Betreff: TP Smart Plugs Problems

tahallam
Aspirant

TP Smart Plugs Problems

TP Smart Plugs keep dropping the wifi signal from the Orbi.  Then when I try to reconnect to the network I have to reset and reconnect.  I have one that won't connect to my wifi network at all.  The router is placed on the far side of the house where the internet cable comes into the house, and satellites are placed on the first floor.  I was able to connect to the wifi when I had it next to the main router, but when I moved it to my living room where I have placed one of the satellites, the plug can't connect to the wifi.  I believe the problem is related to the Orbi since I didn't have this problem with my Airport Extreme router.  

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
budy
Luminary

Betreff: TP Smart Plugs Problems

Have you checked if those smart plugs stay connected to the router, when you move them back to their original location? I do have a cheap wifi led controller, which showed a similar behaviour and it actually took quite some time for it to change to the satellite which was nearby.

If those plugs use the 2.4GHz wifi, it might be beneficial to reduce the 2.4GHz radio power to reduce the 2.4GHz penetration.

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7