Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

The devices connect via wifi to RBK50, but some show no internet connection.

Tigana
Aspirant

The devices connect via wifi to RBK50, but some show no internet connection.

SInce a couple of weeks I have got problems with my Orbi router. Devices connect easily, but some does not get internet connection, while some work fine. E.g. my iMac most often shoe no internet connection when starting from sleep. Turning of and on WiFi will after a whil solv the problem, but it may take 20 times or more. Most often I get a connection for a second or so and then it goes down again. This repeat quite often. On the other hand my AppleTV typically connects to internet all the time. 

I have restarted the router several times and I have also, for other reasons, replaced my fiber node for higher internet speed, but the
problem with the router remains unchanged.

Any idea of what to do. It is quite annoying, as the router worked very well until just a couple of weeks ago.

I have also changed the firmware to tha latest, without any improvements.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: The devices connect via wifi to RBK50, but some show no internet connection.

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: The devices connect via wifi to RBK50, but some show no internet connection.

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

Message 2 of 6
tomschmidt
Virtuoso

By "latest" firmware, are you running v2.5.1.8 firmware? See https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBK50.aspx#download for the latest for your RBK50 router and satellite.  Be sure to upgrade the satellites first.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 3 of 6
Tigana
Aspirant

Thanks for your comments. I now have made a factory reset and so far so good it seems to work. 🙂

Message 4 of 6
Tigana
Aspirant

Thanks for response. Yes I have that firmware, however I updated the router with the software and the satelite updated automatically.
I have now also made a factory reset and reconfigured the router. It seems to work for now.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to do a backup configuration to file for safe keeping and use later on. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7