Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Two Orbi Systems at two different locations - Can I use both with the Orbi App and One Account?

GoHeels4036
Follower

Two Orbi Systems at two different locations - Can I use both with the Orbi App and One Account?

I have been enjoying the benefits of my Orbi at my main location. I have a "get away" location that has poor wi-fi in areas, so I've purchased a second Orbi system to install here for better coverage.

Before I install, can I use both systems with one account on the Orbi App, or do I need to set up a second account for the second system?

Thank you for your assistance,

GoHeels4036

Message 1 of 3
vajim
Master

Re: Two Orbi Systems at two different locations - Can I use both with the Orbi App and One Account?

Since this deals with the orbi app you may want to post your questions here 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Two Orbi Systems at two different locations - Can I use both with the Orbi App and One Account?

@GoHeels4036 wrote:

Before I install, can I use both systems with one account on the Orbi App, or do I need to set up a second account for the second system?

I see that the Orbi "app" has an option under the "Home" icon (picture of tiny house in upper left) for "Set up a new system".

My assumption is that this feature allows a user to control more than one system using the same app login.

(The reason @vajim and I both recommend posting the question in the Orbi app forum is that (a) neither of us have much use for the Orbi app, and (b) presumably someone who cares enough about the Orbi app to watch the forum for the app is more likely to have actually done this.

Just for myself, the Orbi app does so very little that I would probably elect to activate DDNS and Remote Management on the Orbi web interface, which allows access to every setting on the Orbi system.  (Actually, I activated Open DNS to gain remote access, but that is considerably more effort than just checking a box.)

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7