Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

UK Orbi broadcasting with a DE country code

af8
Guide
Guide

UK Orbi broadcasting with a DE country code

My Orbi (RBK50-100UKS) purchased in the UK, and always used in the UK, seems to be broadcasting with a country code DE rather than GB.  Apparently this may be causing problems for another local network that has a Mac on it.

Currently operating firmware 2.0.0.74 (EDIT: now updated to 2.1.1.16 with no change still showing DE country code).  I have no idea whether this has changed from previous firmware as it was only notified to me by a neighbour recently.  Please advise how I can change the country code to allay the neighbour's fears.  The orbi is set to Europe correctly and wireless set to Auto currently operating on channels 36 and 108 vs other local networks on 44.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
af8
Guide
Guide

Re: UK Orbi broadcasting with a DE country code

Having researched this a bit on this forum and others, I don't appear to be the 1st instance of the issue but there don't seem to be any solutions. Has anyone seen any potential solutions?

Cheers

Message 2 of 4
wwinter86
Aspirant

I use to have an Apple Time Capsule until it stopped working and everything showed a country code of GB/UK which is right, but since getting a Orbi my Macbook Pro always has a country code of DE. Did anyone find a solution?

Message 3 of 4
af8
Guide
Guide

Netgear support have been looking at it and please find below some info:

There isn't an option to select per country, it is set that once Europe is selected as a region it selects Germany to represent it. This doesn’t present a problem because UK, Germany and other countries in the European Union follow the same RF regulatory standard.  Othere people locally connecting to another network should not be affected because of the WiFi country code specially if your router did not select those channels as well.

I have gone back to them with the documented issues that others have had with apple devices in particular as the above is a little less than a solution.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7