Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unblacklist WiFi

Gabbygarrcia
Aspirant

Unblacklist WiFi

My bf brother black listed all the WiFi from us on the WiFi extender we already called spectrum and they said they can’t do anything about it. Does anyone know how to unblack list so we can all have WiFi again? We have spectrum extended orbi
Model: EX6150v2|AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Unblacklist WiFi

I think Spectrum is correct that whatever happens to internet access once it gets past their modem is the customer's business.

This is a little confusing because "EX6150" refers to a WiFi extender that is typically connected to a WiFi system to extend the range.

It can be connected to any brand of router, including Netgear's Orbi.

"Blacklisted" is not a very technical term.  There are lots of ways to disrupt internet access.  If the brother is in charge of the network, then only he can untangle the problem.  On the other hand, if the boyfriend is paying for the Spectrum service, and the brother took advantage of lax security to mess with you, it's pretty easy to sort out.

Message 2 of 4
Gabbygarrcia
Aspirant

We have orbi74. We live in a back house so this orbi is connected to the main house. And the brother moved in and got in a fight with my boyfriend and moved out and decided to block only us from getting WiFi. And he has the email and password because he was the one who set it up. But the dad paid for it and he has spectrum and our orbi is connected to it. I tried to call orbi customer service but they said we had to pay them for them to “MAYBE fix it”. Idk if there’s anything you may think we should try? Or do you think we’re just gonna have to buy a whole new WiFi extender?
Message 3 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

The key is who has access to the main router.  i.e. who has access to the main house.

If the ORBI74 is located in the main house, it takes but a minute to stick a paperclip in the tiny "Reset" hole on the back next to the power supply.  When the LED next to the power plug turns amber and begins to blink, remove the paperclip.  In a minute or so, the Orbi will restart and the WiFi SSID and password will be what is printed on the label.

Family dynamics can be a lot more complicated than technical issues.  If this situation is likely to occur again, the only recourse may be to pay Spectrum to install service to the back house separate from the front house.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7