Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Underhanded Business Practice and Horrible Service

GF2021
Aspirant

Underhanded Business Practice and Horrible Service

Horrible customer service. I Bought the NetGear Orbi Last year and it worked well until the most recent update.   I had been using the parental controls I was able to manage different WiFi users' profiles using 'Circle' as advertised when I bought the device. But after the most recent major update, they changed took away that functionality and replaced Circle with Smart Parental Controls which is a subscription service.    Sold be one thing then took it away using auto-update and now I can even roll back the versions.  On top of that, It's almost impossible to get any support on the device because its over a year old now.   

As for the customer service I have called multiple times and everytime its well over and hour just to get to the right person to talk to.  The call has been dropped and they never use the "call back number" to get me back.  I just have to go though the hoops again and get passed from person to person.  And they dont want to help once I get some one be cause the device was purchased over a year ago, they dont care that their update caused the problems and they won't support that.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Underhanded Business Practice and Horrible Service

I would reach out for a forum moderator and ask for help on this.

@Blanca_O @ChristineT 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7