Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Update firmware question...

mrstucci1972
Tutor

Update firmware question...

I have a Mac running High Sierra and a RBR50 Orbi with one satellite. I want to install the firmware for the KRACK thing. I can login just fine. I go to Advance--->Administration--->Firmware Update--->I select the satellite (as per instructions) and click on Update. I then get a window that says Authentication Required. It gives the address and says it is requesting my username and password. The site says: "NETGEAR Orbi". 

I have tried using admin and the password that I created. I have tried my network user name and password. I have even tried my admin login for my Mac. Nothing is working! I can't get beyond this point. Please tell me what I am doing wrong! Thank you! Judy

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
mrstucci1972
Tutor

Re: Update firmware question...

Mission accomplished!!!!! Resetting the satellite did the trick and now both router and satellite have the new firmware installed. Thank you all so much for the help, I really appreciate it! Judy

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Have you tried Chrome of IE when getting into orbis settings?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
mrstucci1972
Tutor

Hi DarrenM-Yes, I have tried Chrome. And if my Mac could even run IE I wouldn't try it. 

Message 3 of 4
mrstucci1972
Tutor

Mission accomplished!!!!! Resetting the satellite did the trick and now both router and satellite have the new firmware installed. Thank you all so much for the help, I really appreciate it! Judy

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7