Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Upgraded from cm700 to cm1200 resulting in speed reduction of device of ahrdwired device on Orbi

Timster
Aspirant

Upgraded from cm700 to cm1200 resulting in speed reduction of device of ahrdwired device on Orbi

I exchanged my CM700 with a CM1200.

When using the CM700 my PC, conencted through an ORBI would get D/L speeds of 450Mbps.

After swapping the CM, I only get 250Mbps.

However a speed test in the Orbi shows the Orbi is getting 950Mbps.

Is ther a config that changed?

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: Upgraded from cm700 to cm1200 resulting in speed reduction of device of ahrdwired device on Orbi

What website are you using for testing? These can be very unreliable if the server the website uses is slow. 

Who's your isp?

Have you tried any other devices?

Are you using any traffic monitoring, parental controls, disney circle, access control to manage the orbi? 

What firmware is your orbi on?

Message 2 of 6
Timster
Aspirant

Re: Upgraded from cm700 to cm1200 resulting in speed reduction of device of ahrdwired device on Orbi

What website are you using for testing? https://www.speedtest.net/ (same as before)

Who's your isp? (Xfinity)

Have you tried any other devices? No, nothing else is ahrdwired

Are you using any traffic monitoring, parental controls, disney circle, access control to manage the orbi? No

What firmware is your orbi on? Latest (just updated)

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 4 of 6
plemans
Guru

Speedtest.net lets you change servers. Try a couple different ones. I've had the same server show me lower speeds. Switch to a different one.

Have you tried a factory reset? Never a bad idea if the firmware updated and you changed modems. 

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

I would install Ooklas installable speed test app and compare testing. Sometimes browsers can impact speeds as well. The dedicated speed test app excludes those ads during testing.

@Timster wrote:

What website are you using for testing? https://www.speedtest.net/ (same as before)

Who's your isp? (Xfinity)

Have you tried any other devices? No, nothing else is ahrdwired

Are you using any traffic monitoring, parental controls, disney circle, access control to manage the orbi? No

What firmware is your orbi on? Latest (just updated)

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7