Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Upgrading to Orbi concrete bldg.

makoychan
Aspirant

Upgrading to Orbi concrete bldg.

Hi,

Has anybody had experiece setting up an orbi wifi system on a concerte bldg. My family has a 5 floors concrete residential bldg. i am planning upgrade the wifi system there, the ceiling height is about 15-20 ft per floor. I am planing to put the orbi router on the 1st floor, 1 satellite on the 2nd floor and 1 satellite on the 3rd floor, will that work? and maybe 2 more satellite on 4th and 5th floor once it gets occupied. will that work? can the satellite mesh from a satellite or orbi only meshes from the base router?

Also, internet speed is 50mbps only, but my family are not heavy users, mostly just for browsing and binge watching if they are free and not tired from whole day of work.

Any inputs and idea would be appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Upgrading to Orbi concrete bldg.

Any chance of placing wired APs at each location? Concrete is going to play major havoc on Orbi and wifi MESH. You can use the system with the satellites connected via ethernet LAN cable if you have the abililty to do that. 

5Ghz doesn't work well with concrete. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Any chance of placing wired APs at each location? Concrete is going to play major havoc on Orbi and wifi MESH. You can use the system with the satellites connected via ethernet LAN cable if you have the abililty to do that. 

5Ghz doesn't work well with concrete. 

Message 2 of 5
makoychan
Aspirant

the wired AP was my old setup lol.. the thing is our bldg doesnt have provision to run wires within floors, so it ended up having thos cat 5 cables haging outside the floor patios hehehe.. but anyway thanks for your input, ill check the models of your setup.

Thanks a bunch.

Message 3 of 5
makoychan
Aspirant

does the EX7700 works better than the orbi sattelite?  Can it work if i do  EX7700 on each floor, i havent work yet with meshing so no idea if i 2 mesh or 2 satellite connecting to each and 1 of it is getting the inet from the wifi router.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Ya, LAN cable would be best if you can run them with out problems. 

Good Luck. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7