Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Upload speed capped

Taz_AU
Tutor

Upload speed capped

Hi. My internet connection is 100 down and 40 up. The upload speed is capping out at 20. The isp says there is nothing wrong with the connection and it’s the Orbi. Does anyone know how to fix this?

FYI I have already done a factory reset.
Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Taz_AU
Tutor

Hi,

So after running every type of speed test in every possible combination, router reset, direct to nbn, direct to NBN with another cable, direct to NBN with a 3rd cable and another machine (they were really trying for this to be an equipment error my side) the ISP has finally admitted that the issue is on their side.  So nothing more I can do but wait for them to fix it. 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies

Moved to the right section for Orbi deviuces.

Message 2 of 5
plemans
Guru

at modem/gateway is the orbi connected to?

Have you tested the speeds directly connected to the modem?

Message 3 of 5

@Taz_AU wrote:
The upload speed is capping out at 20.

Measured how? Connected how? (Wifi? Wired?)

What  modem/gateway sits between the router and the Internet?

Message 4 of 5
Taz_AU
Tutor

Hi,

So after running every type of speed test in every possible combination, router reset, direct to nbn, direct to NBN with another cable, direct to NBN with a 3rd cable and another machine (they were really trying for this to be an equipment error my side) the ISP has finally admitted that the issue is on their side.  So nothing more I can do but wait for them to fix it. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7