Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Uptime of Units

stevefxp
Apprentice

Uptime of Units

How can I find where the uptime of the units is listed? I am having curious issues where my RBR50 seems to be randomly rebooting. I am running the latest firmware but want to check when this happens. Second is there any way for the RBR50 to send an email when it restarts unexpectedly?

Model: RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Uptime of Units

Uptime is on the Orbi "debug" web page.  http://<ip of orbi>/debug.htm

Message 2 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

each satellite also has a similar debug page showing uptime.

Message 3 of 5
stevefxp
Apprentice

Got it thanks! Have you seen the random reboots of the RBR50 that I have been seeing? FYI I front end my RBR50 with a firewall, and it is running in AP mode. The firewall does not see the WAN IP going down, so its definitely not an outage on the provider side. All of the sudden I will notice WiFi is gone and will go in and see the RBR50 with the magenta color. I have swapped out ethernet cables from the RBR50 to my firewall, as a troubleshooting step.

Has anyone found a way to monitor these Orbi devices? Ideally I would like an email notification when an unexpected reboot happens.

Message 4 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

No random reboots here.  My Orbi has been up for 139 days.  A puzzle, because the satellite has been up only 33 days.  They are both on UPS and I have no memory of restarting the satellite.  Of course, I cannot remember much from 33 days ago.

As far as monitoring when the Orbi loses connection, that's kind of a puzzle.  Orbi responds to internal pings.  (There is a setting to respond to external pings, but most people believe that simply allerts evil people that this public IP address has something to hack away at.)

It's a little bit of a "Catch 22".  If something behind the Orbi monitors a device outside the Orbi, it would detect losing connection, but not be able to send a message reporting it.  With the Orbi in AP mode, it must be connected to a router, so something connected to the router could monitor the Orbi (router or satellite) and send a notice when connection is lost.  These is free software designed to constantly ping something and report when it fails.

Random disconnects are definitely one of the issues people post about.  I'm not much help because it's never happened to me.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7