× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Using RBS50 with current router models

EitanCaspi
Aspirant

Using RBS50 with current router models

Hello,

I have RBS50 with the most recent firmware.

I look into modernizing my set and at first phase to replace the router (currently RBR50).

Can I use RBS50 with current router models of Netgear orbi? will they work with it?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
EitanCaspi
Aspirant

Re: Using RBS50 with current router models

Thank you, but later I found this official Netgear article, that states different, that RBS50 is not compatible with Netgear's modern routers.

https://kb.netgear.com/000065169/Which-Orbi-routers-and-satellites-are-compatible

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
Areej
Aspirant

Yes, you can use the RBS50 satellite with the latest router models of Netgear Orbi. The RBS50 satellite is compatible with current Netgear Orbi router models, ensuring seamless functionality and integration for an upgraded and modernized setup.

Message 2 of 4
EitanCaspi
Aspirant

Thank you, but later I found this official Netgear article, that states different, that RBS50 is not compatible with Netgear's modern routers.

https://kb.netgear.com/000065169/Which-Orbi-routers-and-satellites-are-compatible

Message 3 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

The Netgear article is correct.  The original Orbi used WiFi5 (802.11ac) to communicate between router and satellites. Newer models use WiFi6 (802.11ax)  These are different radio chipsets.  The newer product is not designed to be backward compatible with the older product.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series