Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Using another Orbi Router as a Satellite

Bruno235
Aspirant

Using another Orbi Router as a Satellite

Hi, I've bought a while ago a RBR50 router with one satelite (both working fine).

Latter on, bought a RBR40 with anohter satelite. The idea was to include these latest two as satellites of my old network (RBR50). 

I could manage to connect the new satellite to the old network, however, the RBR40 router is not getting in sync with the old network, tryting to create his own (even though it is not wired).

Can someone give me a hand and do let me know how to set this RBR40 router as a satellite of my old RBR50?

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Bruno

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 5
st_shaw
Master

You cannot convert a router into a satellite.  I think the best you could do is set the router into Access Point mode.  See this thread:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Will-The-AC3000-Router-Work-As-A-Satellite/m-p/1411118#M15511

Message 2 of 5
Bruno235
Aspirant

Thanks Shaw for your response. Do you know how to access the router config to change it to ap mode?

I've downloaded the Orbi app in my iPhone however I do not find how to change it to AP mode within the app. Then the app shows me one IP address which I can't reach through Chrome; therefore, don't know how to reach the router config to do the mentioned change. Any idead?

Thanks

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Do you have a PC or a laptop with a wired LAN cable connection? If so, connect a PC to the back of the router and configure it's web page for AP mode using a browser connected to 192.168.1.1.

@Bruno235 wrote:

Thanks Shaw for your response. Do you know how to access the router config to change it to ap mode?

I've downloaded the Orbi app in my iPhone however I do not find how to change it to AP mode within the app. Then the app shows me one IP address which I can't reach through Chrome; therefore, don't know how to reach the router config to do the mentioned change. Any idead?

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
st_shaw
Master

@Bruno235 wrote:

Thanks

Use a web broswer, not the app, and log into the router GUI.  The setting is under Advanced, Advanced Setup, Router /AP Mode.

The URL will look something like this.  Replace the IP address with the address our your Orbi router.  It could be 10.0.0.1, or something else.

http://192.168.1.1/adv_index.htm

Or you might be able to reach the GUI at: www.routerlogin.net

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7