Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

V1.3.0.12 - Outstanding Issues

Re: V1.3.0.12 - Outstanding Issues

after updating just make sure you re enable the beamforming and mimo on the advanced wireless page as they are disabled by default atm

Message 26 of 30
bijugm
Aspirant

So I switched the units out. The new unit had older firmware than previous unit. Anyway updated and after a day in the evening when I checked on of the satellite had lost connection or was missing from admin page. I am now thinking it might be the location is causing it to switch or something. But it never happened 1.3 firmware.

The location for this satellite is in the TV closet, it is a closed closet.

Do the satellites have to in the open or something?

Thanks,

Biju 

Message 27 of 30
rhester72
Virtuoso

@bijugm wrote:

So I switched the units out. The new unit had older firmware than previous unit. Anyway updated and after a day in the evening when I checked on of the satellite had lost connection or was missing from admin page. I am now thinking it might be the location is causing it to switch or something. But it never happened 1.3 firmware.

The location for this satellite is in the TV closet, it is a closed closet.

Do the satellites have to in the open or something?

Thanks,

Biju 

Obviously, the more obstructions in the way of any wireless signal, the less signal strength you will have.  Depending on the type of construction (i.e. hollow walls/doors vs. solid wood, etc.), it could indeed made a significant difference.

Rodney

Message 28 of 30
bijugm
Aspirant

I moved it to a different location. Hopefully it will stay connected. 

Question - do satellites disappear from admin if they can't connect to router and only way to bring them back is to reboot?

Message 29 of 30

yes if the orbi sat drops it wont be shown in the attached device list , if the sat is dropping it maybe too far away or having issues with interference

Message 30 of 30
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 29 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7