Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

VoIP Service Does Not Auto Reconnect?

Petronas
Aspirant

VoIP Service Does Not Auto Reconnect?

I have a single line VoIP service running on an SPA112 connected to an Orbi RBR20. I have cable internet (HFC).

The issue is that when the inernet drops for whaetever reason the VoIP service cannot reconnect once the internet is back online and the only way to reconnect it is to cycle the Orbi on and off.

Cycling on and off the HFC modem or SPA112 on their own does not reconnect the VoIP service.

I have disabled SIP ALG on the Orbi and I have set NAT "Keep Alive" on the SPA112.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
pablohoney
Luminary

Re: VoIP Service Does Not Auto Reconnect?

I have the same issue although it is with wifi calling on my iPhone. Every time the Orbi is updated by firmware, the Orbi has to be rebooted to get wifi calling back.
Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Try putting the SPA112 devices IP address it gets from the Orbi router into the routers DMZ. Setup a IP address for this devices ON the router as well. Apply and save changes. Do a full reboot of the Orbi router and the SPA device.

@Petronas wrote:

I have a single line VoIP service running on an SPA112 connected to an Orbi RBR20. I have cable internet (HFC).

The issue is that when the inernet drops for whaetever reason the VoIP service cannot reconnect once the internet is back online and the only way to reconnect it is to cycle the Orbi on and off.

Cycling on and off the HFC modem or SPA112 on their own does not reconnect the VoIP service.

I have disabled SIP ALG on the Orbi and I have set NAT "Keep Alive" on the SPA112.

Message 3 of 5
Petronas
Aspirant

The cable modem is an Arris CM8200.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know if the DMZ helps on the Orbi any for the SPA device. 

You should be good at the modem. This is a modem only with no built in router. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7