Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WAN -> Orbi Router -> Orbi Sattelite -> IPTV (cable)

mrzed
Aspirant

WAN -> Orbi Router -> Orbi Sattelite -> IPTV (cable)

Hi! I have read just about all available information about Orbi and IPTV and cannot get it to work. I noticed IGMP support has made a big difference. What i am asking is if it is possible to do the following:

- Use Orbi as router

- Connect IPTV box to sattelite on LAN-port.

I get an IP-adress on the IPTV box, but it does not work at all. So, i fear i might have misunderstood the possibilities with the setup. Would it only work if i use the IPTV on wireless connection rather than wired? I have checked with IPTV provider and they say that they are not using VLAN tagging (at least all the way to the box it self). Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
Sneppen
Aspirant

Yes, it can be done (haven't tried it yet) but in de advanced section of your router you can find instructions. You have to set your router so it can handle ITV

Message 2 of 6
mrzed
Aspirant

Hi! Maybe you are reffering to this part of the manual? I have tried this and it works well as long as you connect the IPTV box to the Orbi router. I cannot get it to work when connecting it to the sattelite. This is the part where i think i might have gotten it wrong. Maybe you cannot get bridged WAN IP when connecting to sattelite?

iptv.PNG

Message 3 of 6
mrzed
Aspirant

Maybe a bump could help here? 🙂

Message 4 of 6
tsig
Luminary

which firmware version are you running?  The lastest one that enabled this was rolled back.

Message 5 of 6
mrzed
Aspirant

The version on the router is: V2.1.2.18

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7